Friday, December 23, 2011

No Postage Required


Life seems to have interrupted the holiday season this year. I didn’t get a single card in the mail, so I may be single-handedly responsible for the failure of the US Postal Service. For that, I apologize.



So, this is my holiday letter (of sorts) to all of you who have been so kind to follow my short stops, missives, missed steps and musings since 2009 – and even to those of you new to my life On The Edge of skating. I appreciate you all  for being patient enough, and caring enough, to stick with me. I appreciate your checked boxes of “Funny,” “Cool” and “Interesting.” I truly appreciate your comments, even when they are less than kind, though fortunately those only come along once in a blue moon (whatever that means) and I always view my blog like a TV program: If you don’t like it, don’t follow it.


Most of all, I am very thankful there are so many skating fans out there. We need you in our sport. We’ve undergone a lot of changes since 2002. Some have been good; some have been arguably questionable. But the most important thing is you – the skaters, coaches, judges, parents and true skating fans. Without all of you, there would be no sport. And while we sometimes have a Love-Hate relationship with the ice, as well as with one another, we always come back to what drew us here in the first place: The pure art and sport of figure skating.


Happy Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa – or whatever you choose to celebrate. For me? I’ll celebrate another year on this roller coaster of being a skating parent, lover of words and occasional purveyor of humor. I’ll celebrate another year On The Edge, and hope you all continue to enjoy the journey with me. With or without you, I travel on, but the journey is more fun together.


Love to you all, Peace on Earth – and here’s to wishing for more great skating moments in 2012.

Congratulations to Michelle Kwan for her induction to the Hall of Fame!

No comments:

Post a Comment