Sunday, October 24, 2010

Musings - A Work in Progress


“To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

I was walking by the lake that is the centerpiece of where I work. On the south end that borders the golf course, there was a local artist with an easel, canvas, oils and all the paraphernalia that goes along with being, well, an artist. His attention moved with laser speed between his subject - golden trees and sun drenched buildings  reflected in the still waters of a beautiful fall day - and the palate of primary colors he was diligently mixing to form new hues to eloquently match the vision he had in his mind's eye.
I approached him from behind, watched for four or five minutes and then said that I thought his painting was wonderful.

"It's a work in progress," he replied. "I'm never satisfied with what I do, but I love to do it."

There is much to be said for that.

4 comments: