Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Beginning of the End of the Beginning...Memories and Musings



Four years and two weeks ago, I began this blog with the words "Welcome to all those who dare enter." Those first few blogs were words that fell like trees in a forest. Not many heard them, but they were intended more for me than for an audience that has grown from 10 to more than 10 fold over the past years. I've tried to make a difference. I've tried to impart some modicum of wisdom from 24 years of being a skating mom. I've been somewhat humorous. I've been occasionally morose. What I have always been is honest and transparent. My words have been my sword and my shield, but I have wielded them with honesty and emotion.
Skating is not a sport for the faint of heart. It is one that, like all art, evokes engagement, opinion and emotion. 
So as I begin my final journey with Life on the Edge of Skating, I thought it might be worthwhile to share some of those early blogs again just in case you missed them - which you probably did.
Here are my Top Ten favorites ( in no particular order other than chronologically) you  most likely didn't see in 2009 or 2010. I hope you read them with an understanding that they come from a tremendous love for this sport and respect for all those who are in it.

#10 August 19, 2009 "Of Sherpas, Skates, and Rolling Bags." 
#9   October 1, 2009 "A Primer for New Parents as Regionals Begin."
 #8  October 8, 2009 "Darth Vader, Dragon Lady and the Maytag Repairman"
#7   November 11, 2009 "So You Think You Can Dance." (For all the Basic Skills Coaches out there)
#6   December 8, 2009 "Allegorically Speaking: Who's the Ringmaster of Your Circus."
#5   December 19, 2009 "Someone Call a Plumber."
#4   February 2, 2010 "Another Short Stop: Frayed Knot."
#3   March 3, 2010 a guest blog "From Buffalo, New York, With Love." (If you don't read any of the others please read this one by Molly C.)
#2   March 8, 2010 "Post Script: The Past is Prologue."
#1   June 25, 2010 "A Few Choice Words of Advice"

Next Up: My Top Ten from 2011 to Now that you probably did see..

No comments:

Post a Comment